Saturday, May 22, 2010

Jackie Records Asia Games Theme Song in Guangzhou






Jackie arrived in Guangzhou to record the theme song, “Blue Sky” (Lan Tian), for the Asian Games. As soon as he got off the plane, he went straight to the recording studio and held a short press conference before recording the song. When Jackie arrived at the studio, he expressed: "I think the only time I'll be able to get some rest is when I’m lying in my coffin."

Jackie also emphasized that the main message in the song Blue Sky is peace. “Peace is the basis of philanthropy and charity. You have to have peace before you can talk about development and protecting the environment. Without peace, these things are pointless.”

Jackie spoke about how excited he was to record this song with Sun Nan (famous singer in China). Jackie said, “I’m so happy to have this opportunity to work with Sun Nan. It’s also something that I’ve always wanted to do.”

When asked about his work and responsibilities, Jackie looked a little helpless and said, “Within 5 days, I flew to Yushu twice and Yunnan two times. Now I’m here. Tomorrow I’m going back to Hong Kong. Then I’m going to be in America, and then back to Shanghai. There is promotional work, disaster relief work, delivering water, discussing the script in Shanghai, performing for the Shanghai expo, and recording songs. I don’t think anyone will believe how busy I am. I’m not human anymore.”

No comments:

Post a Comment